How to counteract estrogen dominance in the body…
HOW CAN I COUNTERACT ESTROGEN DOMINANCE?
You want to find the source of the problem which starts by looking at what goes into the body. We can start bt eliminating products that contain xenoestrogens (see below) from our daily routine, then take a look at your diet and try the following:
- Eat more fiber. A high-fiber diet will help your digestive system eliminate toxins more efficiently.
- Support good-gut bacteria. Your microbiome helps metabolize estrogen and remove it out of the body.
- Take care of your liver. You need a healthy liver to metabolize toxins, and properly convert hormones. Carrots, spinach and cilantro are all great liver detoxifiers. You can also utilize herbs and supplements please talk with your health care provider about items like Glutathione, Calcium D-Glucarate and DIM to name a few.
Live a simple, natural life free of unprocessed foods. Seek out organic pure foods whenever possible and only let clean, non-toxic products into your home. Drink plenty of water to flush your system and try detoxifier products or IV therapy.
Examples of items that contain Xenoestrogens:
- Commercially-raised meat and dairy products
- Insecticides and pesticides — go organic instead!
- Tap water
- Parabens — shampoos, lotions, toothpaste, cosmetics…
- Phthalates — plastic wrap, baggies and styrofoam are risky business.
- Food additives — processed foods almost always contain xenoestrogens in the form of preservatives, artificial color and texturizing agents.
- Soy protein isolate — organic soy is a great source of protein within reason, but conventionally-raised soy products contain high amounts of plant estrogen.
- Dryer sheets — they may make your clothes feel soft, but these xenoestrogens can permeate your cells…ick!
Find out today about your hormones and health and if you may be estrogen dominant.
Posted in: Hormones & BHRT